Firmware 8.01 is recommended for all Continuums with the internal sound engine.
Version 8.01 Bundles
January 9, 2017
This update also has new capabilities for Continuum performance and EaganMatrix sound design as outlined in the Change Log below.
- This update will overwrite the presets currently in your Continuum. If you need to retain your existing presets, save them to disk using your existing Continuum Editor before updating.
- If you have been keeping up with updates and your Continuum is running Firmware 7, the update to Version 8 will be a simple two-step procedure. Please see Section 11 of the Continuum User Guide included in the Mac and PC bundles below.
- A video that goes through the update procedure from v6 to v7 can be found here.
- If your Continuum Fingerboard is running firmware 5 or 6, download the Mac or PC bundle below, then download this file and follow the enclosed instructions.
- If your Continuum Fingerboard is running firmware prior to version 5.00, download this file and follow the enclosed instructions.
- If your Continuum Fingerboard is running firmware prior to version 3.28 (programmed before November 26, 2008), you may need to contact Haken Audio for a one-time update procedure that is not included in the Continuum User Guide's Section 5.
A video showing what's new in Firmware 8 can be found here.
A video demonstrating many of the new Sytem Presets in Firmware 8 can be found here.
Mac Bundle (298 MB) - ZIP file which contains a Disk Image (DMG). The DIsk Image includes the Continuum Editor application and all associated files in a folder called Continuum Editor. The ZIP should self extract. Double click on the .dmg file to open the disk image. Drag the enclosed Continuum Editor folder to your preferred location.
PC Bundle (285 MB) file which includes firmware, User Guides, Continuum Editor, Pitch Tables Editor, and EaganMatrix Presets. When you run the Continuum Editor the first time you may be warned it uses the network, because of the way it talks to the Pitch Tables Editor; both these programs run on your computer, and do not access anything else. Also, some Windows platforms will give a message about missing DLLs; fix this by running Microsoft’s “install missing DLLs.exe” included in the same directory as the Continuum Editor.
Current User Guides
Continuum User's Guide
EaganMatrix User's Guide
CEE User's Guide
CVC User's Guide
8.01 Jan 9 2017
- Bug Fix
- Now able to select any System Preset from Overlay Strip as before.
8.00 Jan 8 2017)
- Many new additional System Presets, now organized in Categories.
- Description text bubbles for System Presets.
- Addition of the Touche surface.
- Support for the Tri-Value pedal with xCEE input implementation.
- Pitch Trim for waveguide and filter feedback structures tuning.
- Y - Based Rounding
- Five New Shape Generators
- Matrix source "Noise from Seed"
- BiqMode Banks: Offset graphs can affect frequency and/or bandwidth of each mode
- For users with EaganMatrix Expanders, new matrix row options DSP 1 and 2 (L/R) allow post-processing on DSP 3.
- Integration of the Pitch Table Editor.
- Support for the Equal Pedal
- Mute and Dim buttons controlling audio output.
- Low Power Bluetooth Midi Support
- Support for Combination Presets with multiple DSP Continuums
- Changes to individual System Preset polyphony values to support complete range of DSP possibilities.
Version 7 Change Log here
Version 6 Change Log here
Version 5 Change Log here
Version 4 Change Log here