Firmware 6.00 is recommended for all Continuums with the internal sound engine.
Version 6.00 Bundles
November 18, 2013
This update also has new capabilities for Continuum performance and EaganMatrix sound design as outlined in the Change Log below.
- This update will overwrite the presets currently in your Continuum. If you need to retain your existing presets, save them to disk using your existing Continuum Editor before updating.
- If your Continuum Fingerboard is running firmware prior to version 5.00, download this file and follow the enclosed .
- If your Continuum Fingerboard is running firmware prior to version 3.28 (programmed before November 26, 2008), you may need to contact Haken Audio for a one-time update procedure that is not included in the Continuum User Guide's Section 5.
Mac Bundle (96.8 MB) - ZIP file which includes firmware, user guides, Continuum Editor, additional presets.
PC Bundle (86.2 MB) - ZIP file which includes firmware, user guides, Continuum Editor, additional presets.
Current User Guides
Continuum User's Guide
EaganMatrix User's Guide
CEE User's Guide
CVC User's Guide
6.00 (November 16 2013)
- Support for the EaganMatrix Expander
- 23 New System Presets
- EaganMatrix Oscillator
- New mode: Expose Phase
- Shape Generator
- New mode: Phase from Amplitude
- BiqMode and BiqBank:
- New mode: 48 Resonances
- New Module Names
- Spectral Manipulator and SineSpray
- Domain option in Formula
- The Ancillary Formula Mechanism now has a Domain option, so it can affect just one formula component.
- Midi Clock
- Midi clock can be referenced in the Ancillary Formula Mechanism.
- Y-Dependent Instant Round Pedals
- Two new switch pedals will turn on Instant Round (Round Rate 127) for fingers at low or high Y position:
- ESI MidiMate II
- The Editor will automatically detect the ESI MidiMate II, and automatically connect without any configuration required.
- Additional Editor Improvements
- Click on the Overload Protect indicator to enable or disable overload protection.
- The Editor’s System Preset popup now lists the Internal Sound Number for each preset.
- The Z Encoding allows you to select Channel Pressure.
- This is the last firmware update that requires manual power cycle.
- Bug Fixes
- Save Preset Group now works reliably.
- Fixed bug associated with a Midi connection that is not listed in the MidiPorts.txt file.
- Avoid Midi-USB interface problems for drivers that have short queues during firmware loads.
- Identified problem on some pre-2011 macs running OSX: a powered hub may be required for the USB-Midi interface.
Version 5 Change Log here
Version 4 Change Log here